Saturday, May 28, 2011

What time is it? Why it's Classy motherfucker O'Clock!

It's been a while. More that two weeks, it seems. Sorry about that. With exams and whatnot, I decided I had better divert my attention for the time being. It has however occurred to me that after my exams I have a rather large amount of time to kill. As such, I intend to persue some personal interests in the time that I have free before university. When I'm not working that is.

One of them is to kick up my writing again, you may have noticed that I had a brief spell of storydom before, as mentioned, I remembered I had more important things to be concerned with, for the time being.

Secondly, and this ties nicely into the first is to get some serious reading done. This one is conveinient because it can be done at work, in the luls between angry people demanding my time. I have a large pile of books to burn through, and there's enough scrap paper in the office to write down any creative bursts of inspiration this gives me.

Thirdly, and this is a big one, is that I intend to get more musical. Somewhere down the line I stopped doing what was previously a lot of music. Violin, Saxophone, Piano, and to a lesser extent Guitar, Bass and Singing, these were all superceded by education. And so I have decided to pick up one of these again. Violin and piano I quit (albeit years apart) because I found the music and learning style to be oppressive and creatively stifling. Violin I still hold to be fairly boring however, so that's out. We actually destroyed our piano some time last year, due to it kinda being a piece of shit and not worth reselling. I still have some of the bits, but that shit ain't playing no more. I have a keyboard but it doesn't really respond the way I would like. So the piano is out. This leaves, much to my pleasure, the saxophone.

So that's that planned. I'll be doing some more revision posts, but hopefully my style will let even students of other subjects enjoy and learn. For now I leave you with one of the pieces that reminded me to get back into music. Concentrated class.

0 comments: