Thursday, December 2, 2010

Digital Love

"What are you doing?"
"Just working on Pewter City for my RP PCs
"Right. Cool..."
"What's wrong?"
"Hm? Oh, nothing."
"Hey now, don't be like that."
"Like what?"
"You're upset about something. Come on, you can tell me."
"...I just feel like you don't appreciate me."
"Hey now, don't talk nonsense. I love you."
"I know, I just...I know I'm being selfish, but I don't feel like you love me 'enough'. I've seen you with that Apple slut. I've seen the look in your eyes."
"Look? What look? Me and MacBook are over. Through. She's out getting all manner of viruses from my sister."
"But when you were with her...did you love her more than me?"
"That...it's not that simple."
"Yes or no!"
"It was a different time. I'm not that person any more. I've grown. Learnt to like less childish computers. More complex, interesting."
"You had to 'learn' to like me?"
"You know that's not what I meant. I had to work to get you to work with me. You are so much more to me, emotionally, than her. I have grown through you. She was easy. Just a piece of eye candy. I may have tricked myself into thinking I loved her, but it was a farce. You are the one for me."
"Until the next model..."
"I can't tell the future. It's unfair of you to ask me to. I can't promise you tomorrow, but I can promise you today. Please tell me that that is enough for you."
"I just don't know."
"Ok. You're upset. I understand, and you have every right to be. But just remember that I'm here for you."
"I know. I'll be ok. Just give me a little time."
"Sure. Then, do you want to watch A Bit Of Fry and Laurie?"
"I'd...I'd like that."

0 comments: